Mirror It's Me
This is a three hour session sponsored by the BRIMI Foundation for girls (ages 12-18). The session includes a variety of topics and activities (some interactive). The goal of this program is to give participants insight into who they are, why they react as they do, and to give them a direction for self-improvement and personal growth.
- Self-Awareness (learn how to understand your own emotions, beliefs, and motives)
- Self-Management (learn how to prioritize your well-being; take responsibility for your own behavior; embrace your strengths and weaknesses; nurture relationships with others; and set goals for yourself)
- Emotional-Awareness (learn how to recognize when feelings are present in ourselves and others; be able to label your feelings and emotions; accept feedback; and use emotional information to help guide your thinking and behavior)
- Social Awareness (learn how to build positive relationships; read situations and better understand people; become more empathetic of people and their situations)
- Relationship Building (learn how to actively listen; develop effective communication skills; positively resolve conflict; be supportive; and learn how to control anger)